MEC Sunday School is seeking well-organized, motivated teaching candidates who not only love children but thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment. If you’re reliable and committed to giving back to the community, we are interested in you. This is a volunteer position. Teaching needs vary from all-day classes to specific periods. The school is structured along with the following four primary areas of Islamic Studies: Nazirah/Tajweed, Quran & Arabic Language, Seerah/History, & Theology.
- Create/update lesson plans aligned to the curriculum
- Participate and help lead various Sunday School events, including special programs aligned with the subject matter (i.e, Seerah) and field trips.
- Attend staff and professional development meetings with all teachers and administrative staff.
- Respond to all Sunday-school related communications.
- Be available and responsive beyond Sunday School hours – this role requires a commitment to prepare before class and follow-through after class time.
- Help maintain a clean, organized classroom and school.
- Help train students to keep their classrooms and school clean and organized.
- Assign, explain, and grade the assignments and exams.
- Assist students and help identify gaps and special needs as they arise.
- Manage and oversee (with Teaching Assistants) all support activities including attendance management, supply management, worksheet creation and printing, and logging classwork/homework via dedicated tablet apps.
- Fluent in spoken and written English language.
- High school diploma (MUST); higher education in the field of education (PREFERRED).
- Basic understanding of the subject matter being taught (Nazirah/Tajweed, Quran & Arabic Language, Seerah/History, and Theology).
- Experience in a similar role (working in group settings/organizations, education institutions, or as an educator) is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding ability to teach, be patient and communicate effectively with students.
- Good understanding of planning and developing lesson plans.
- Ensure students understand and adhere to class policies and procedures
- Manage communications with parents/caretakers.
- Commitment to teaching classes every Sunday through a 40-weeks calendar (early September to late May).
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Responsiveness in dealing with issues, addressing students’ needs in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Be kind and considerate to students.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com