The MEC Sunday School PTO provides a structured forum for parents to be involved in activities to enhance children’s experience at school. Current programs include lunch and special events. PTO efforts are also meant to assist the school in meeting its goals.
Consists of four officers nominated and elected from parents or teachers at the school.
- Chair: Shumaila Khan
- Co-Chair: Mubin Jamal
- Treasurer: Nayyer Habeebuddin
- Secretary: Lis Rakanovic
We will be branching the PTO into various sub-committees that will be incharge of the many activities that take place at the school. The goal is to incorporate new thoughts, ideas, and input from all our parents and empower them to make a difference in the weekly experience of their children at the Sunday school. You are welcome to sign up for more than one position. For details on each of the positions listed below please click here. For additional information and questions, feel free to reach out to us directly at email@example.com.
- Hospitality Committees
- PTO Sponsored Food – 1 Chair Needed
- Weekly Food Sale – Nuzhat Sipwala
- Staff Appreciation Week – 1 Chair Needed
- Event Committees
- Seerat-un-Nabi Program – 2 Chairs Needed
- Intra-School Qirat Competition – 2 Chairs Needed
- Inter-School Qirat Competition – 2 Chairs Needed
- Full School Graduation Event – 2 Chairs Needed
- Staff Appreciation Event – 2 Chairs Needed
- Student Enrichment – 2 Chairs Needed
- Parent Activities – Hannah Sattar, 1 More Chair Needed
- Open House – 2 Chairs Needed
- Picture Day – 1 Chair Needed
- Lunch – Mairaj Jaleel, 1 More Chair Needed
- Gym – 2 Chairs Needed
- Lost & Found – 1 Chair Needed
- Sept. 29th, 2019: Open house
We’re always in need of volunteers willing to help with activities around the school. To view a list of current needs, please click here. Please remember to create a user account for the signup because it makes it easier for you to change your sign-up at a later time.
Meetings are held periodically where all MEC Sunday School parents are invited to discuss important topics relevant to the school and current on going work by the PTO.