The MEC Sunday School PTO provides a structured forum for parents to be involved in activities to enhance children’s experience at school. Current programs include lunch and special events. PTO efforts are also meant to assist the school in meeting its goals.
Consists of four officers nominated and elected from parents or teachers at the school.
- Chair: Shumaila Khan
- Co-Chair: Mubin Jamal
- Treasurer: Nayyer Habeebuddin
- Secretary: Nuzhat Sipwala
We will be branching the PTO into various sub-committees that will be incharge of the many activities that take place at the school. The goal is to incorporate new thoughts, ideas, and input from all our parents and empower them to make a difference in the weekly experience of their children at the Sunday school. You are welcome to sign up for more than one position. For details on each of the positions listed below please click here. For additional information and questions, feel free to reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hospitality Committees
- PTO Sponsored Food – 1 Chair Needed
- Weekly Food Sale – Nuzhat Sipwala
- Staff Appreciation Week – 1 Chair Needed
- Event Committees
- Seerat-un-Nabi Program – Maeydah Hayat, 1 More Chair Needed
- Intra-School Qirat Competition – 2 Chairs Needed
- Inter-School Qirat Competition – 2 Chairs Needed
- Full School Graduation Event – 2 Chairs Needed
- Staff Appreciation Event – 2 Chairs Needed
- Student Enrichment – 2 Chairs Needed
- Parent Activities – Hannah Sattar, 1 More Chair Needed
- Open House – 2 Chairs Needed
- Picture Day – 1 Chair Needed
- Lunch – Mairaj Jaleel, Hina Moten
- Gym – 2 Chairs Needed
- Lost & Found – 1 Chair Needed
We’re always in need of volunteers willing to help with activities around the school. To view a list of current needs, please click here. Please remember to create a user account for the signup because it makes it easier for you to change your sign-up at a later time.
Meetings are held periodically where all MEC Sunday School parents are invited to discuss important topics relevant to the school and current on going work by the PTO.
We serve a slice of pizza and water to all our students. If children want a second slice, they can purchase it for $1/slice. You are welcome to send your children with lunch if you prefer something other than pizza. However, please make sure it is nut-free. You’re encouraged to send the kids with a spill-proof water bottle, as well.
Allergies: Some children are not able to partake in the cheese pizza lunch due to various food allergies. In an effort to accommodate children with food allergies, we will provide alternate snacks. Only children listed on our allergy list will be offered one of the alternative snacks based upon food allergies indicated at the time of school registration. Please fill out this form to select a snack for your child if they have allergies.
We have a food sale after school every Sunday starting at 1:30pm. We try to have pizza, a variety of snacks, and occasionally food items from local restaurants or our in-house MEC Chef. All proceeds from food sales go to fund programs and activities for our Sunday school.
We have a program for parents of Sunday school students where we discuss topics relevant to us. Why not come in for a discussion while you wait for students to be dismissed. We meet on a biweekly basis and adopt a topic to discuss. The program will be led by our teacher and Theology department head, Sister Hannah Sattar. We hope everyone will use this opportunity to meet fellow parents and learn from each other.
- October 6th, 2019: Introductions
- October 20th, 2019: Faith in Action in the Home
- November 3rd, 2019: Building Relationships with my Kids